Coach Disappears While Still Talking
Applicable Versions and Operating Systems
This Article applies to the following Program Versions and Operating Systems.
My Reading Coach Platinum (1.x)
My Reading Coach Gold (1.x, 2.x, 3.x)
Windows Millennium, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- There are colored bands running diagonally cross the picture of the coach.
- When running the program, the coach will disappear but will you can still hear him talking.
- You can hear the coach, but the picture doesn’t change.
- During the Introductions, the coach appears in the upper-left box instead of the lower-left.
|Video Hardware Acceleration|
Note: The steps below will not work if running Windows Vista or Windows 7. They will not allow changes to the video hardware acceleration. The only fix for those versions of Windows is to upgrade to My Reading Coach Platinum version 2.
To correct the problem, please try the following:
- Close any open windows.
- Right-click on an empty spot on the Desktop. Select Properties from the menu that appears.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Click on the "Troubleshoot" tab.
- In that area is a slidebar. Move the slidebar so that it is one notch to the left of the halfway point. The description underneath will change to "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D..."
Note: The slidebar portion may be grayed out. This means that the Windows login you used to get into Windows does not have sufficient rights to change this setting. You will need to log into Windows using a Power User or Administrator login to make this change.
- Click on OK/Close until you are out of the Display control panel.